For any enquiries, please contact Hana by email (hana AT rimbaresearch DOT org). However, before you contact us, we ask that you please read through the list of information below:
Please note that as a non-profit research group composed mainly of conservation scientists, our core work is conducting long-term scientific research projects in the field. We are a small local NGO dependent on grants and donations to remain operational, and as such we have very limited resources and capacity. We aim to increase our effectiveness as much as possible through collaboration and partnerships with other organisations, but our scope of work is limited and therefore we ask that you take note of the following aspects:
- Our core research scope is focused on conducting applied conservation science. Rimba cannot collaborate on research projects that do not aim to answer relevant questions for implementing real-world conservation action on the ground; the research conducted must feed directly into conservation implementation.
- We are not a funding body and do not function as a foundation; as such we are unable to provide funds or financial contributions for external projects that are unrelated to our own.
- We do not work with captive animals, and as such we are unable to provide advice on wildlife rescues, rehabilitation efforts, captive breeding, or zoos.
- We do not conduct tree-planting, reforestation, or work on oil palm issues.
- We are unable to host or help organise conferences or other events for external projects, as we do not have a suitable office space or an administration unit to support such activities.
- We are unable to participate in events that require booths or display materials.
- We are unable to conduct school/educational activities, student training courses, or guided tours.
- Whenever possible, we try to work in partnership with other organisations to promote conservation within the scope of our projects. However, due to a lack of capacity and resources, we are unable to lead or be in charge of community engagement, outreach/educational programs, volunteerism/voluntourism programs, events, campaigns, training sessions, urban projects, or student internships.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be taking on any further volunteers or university student internship agreements for the foreseeable future.